Sunday, May 25, 2014

Arrived


6x6 oil on ampersand board

Back to doing smaller paintings to take to the Ohio Art Market and replace the ones I've sold.

Used this idea from artist, Patti Mollica, http://newyorkpainter.blogspot.com. I happened to see it off on the side while she was doing one of her YouTube demos.  I took an 8x10 canvas panel and painted the three value shades of gray using acrylic paint.  I can use this many times until I fill it up.  Wonderful idea for checking values.  Peggi Kroll Roberts has videos for value exercises too that I often do.

3 comments:

  1. Your painting above called "Arrived" is outstanding. The water twinkles.

    Thank you for this idea about the value scale. I made one this morning and plan to write about it on my blog. If it is okay with you I will put a link to your blog and mention your name. I have watched some of Patti M's videos and this went right over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I would love it if you would include my blog. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!! Thank you for sharing it Sue! Nice composition in your boat painting as well-brings back summer memories:-)

    ReplyDelete