Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back to Boats

8x10 pastel on pastel paper
sold
I got out my pastels for the first time since April.  I did this painting on black pastel paper.  I've painted it in oil before but worked from the original photo.  This painting required layers and layers of pastel to cover the black.  I might rethink using black for the next one.  I had a lot of light values in this scene and covering the black took time.  I couldn't resist doing a boat scene once I arrived back in Florida for the winter months.

I've been perusing my many videos and books.  This helps get me past the painter's slump that I'm in.  I did many still lifes in oil when I was home in cold Ohio, but the warm environment has an affect on me.  Can't help myself when it comes to beach scenes and boats.  I'll work on them for a while.  

I don't know if anyone else ran into the same difficulty I had with uploading my photos onto my blog.  I finally downloaded google chrome and that took care of the problem.  I did paint this a week ago and have struggled getting it posted since then.  


No comments:

Post a Comment