Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Shane

Gearing up to start painting again.  I had to get more paint and boards.  I have a show coming up at the Delaware Arts Castle and that's been keeping me busy getting things chosen and priced.  Also, getting back to my videos and perusing the net for more to learn and try.

As I was going through my painting album in picasa (a site where I save all I do), I came across this one of my son-in-law.  It was a quick study, but looking at it now, I really like it.  I captured him well.  As much as I struggled at first to get subjects for my figure paintings for 30 days, I'm realizing there are subjects everywhere.  I just have to open my eyes and see them.  I also think that I'm realizing that I can paint scenes, subjects, etc. now that I didn't know I could before.

Some thoughts:   I'm going to have to set up my own challenges or maybe time frames in which to finish a painting.  The pressure motivates me and if I post on facebook, I've committed myself.  I have found that if I stick with one subject, skill to work on, size of painting, or whatever for longer than a day, I can make better progress and improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment