Saturday, October 26, 2013

Painting in Progress

While perusing through my blog list, I saw that Cathy Engberg posted on her blog a work in progress that she was excited about and asked what other's had on their easels.  This is it.  It's a scene from the Horse Parade in Delaware, Ohio.  I've never really painted animals other than little dogs in scenes and horses are a challenge for me.  We'll see how this turns out.  I'm loving the cool and warm colors in this scene.  The colors on my palette are warm and cool yellow, red, and blue along with orange, raw sienna, yellow ochre and of course, titanium white.  For greens I'm using phtalo blue, orange, and yellow. 

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I love to see in-progress shots! I can see where you are going, and I like it! So you draw your image in completely. Very interesting! Everyone's process is so different. Love the composition!

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete