Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 6 of 30 Paintings

Tricycle
5x7 oil on canvas panel
 
This painting was the toughest by far.  I had a hard time getting the blues that I wanted.   Usually ultra is very bold when mixed with white.  It, however, looked gray on the fender of the front wheel and on the seat.   After much mixing, I somewhat got the blue I wanted.  I found putting warm and cool blues side by side does help.  I definitely learned some things and made many decisions during the few hours it took to complete this painting.
 
This is my granddaughter Amanda when she was little.  She is also the Yellow Bikini beach beauty from a couple of days ago.  Yesterday, the painting titled Yellow Bucket was her little sister, Annabelle, at four years of age.  She's now seven.  I'm so lucky to have such beautiful models.  More to come....

4 comments:

  1. how fun to see Amanda at different stages in her life. I love the perspective on this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful..full of life, great color and sentiment

    ReplyDelete