Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 3 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge with Leslie Saeta

Brisk Beach Walk
6x6 oil on canvas panel
 
Not a good day for painting today.  The one above is my third painting of the day.  I even watched a PKR DVD before painting for inspiration.  There are men working on our new garage out back of our house and maybe that's my problem.  Usually I zone out when painting.  I'm ok with the way she turned out but not too crazy about the background...oh...I really do love the beach, just not my painting of it today.
 
 
I'm wishing I had a better camera or way of photographing my paintings.  I save and edit my photos in Picasa Web Albums and still the brush strokes and subtle color changes within color masses don't show as they are in the original.  I will keep working on it and appreciate any suggestions.
 
I'm going to post this one and try another.  It's amazing how these little painting glitches put me in a frustrated mood.  I need to end the day of painting with success!!
 

 

10 comments:

  1. I hope you day ended well..the painting turned out really well...love the gesture...so casual. I look forward to seeing more of your 30 in 30

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your figures always just out at me! Maybe because I'm a huge PKR fan also, and you are nailing the sun and shadows. Keep going. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, but I also know what it's like to not please myself. I'm hoping that the next time you look at this painting, you will love it, too. I hope you get some suggestions on photographing your artwork...I could use them, too! Enjoy your challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting. I also know what it is like when we don't like what we are working on. We are our own critics. But, I think you succeeded with so much in this painting. PKR is a great inspiration and it shows in your work for the 30/30 challenge. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A painter after my own heart. Love what you are doing. I will be watching your posts...I am trying to go where you are so successfully

    ReplyDelete