Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 16 of 30 Paintings

Girls at Play
6x6 oil on canvas panel
 
Tried some of my phthalo green and got a much brighter green.  It's the green I used for the dark haired child's pants and mixed with yellows for the yellow greens.  The blue is the phthalo blue mostly and some ultramarine.  I think I'll leave out much of the backgrounds from my photos to speed up the painting.  This challenge for me is to study figurative painting.  It might be time for me to look at painting faces.  The post from yesterday needs a lot of work.  The bodies are ok with me but I didn't really have a clue what to do with their faces.  I don't even know if the value of their faces in shadow was close.  Probably needed to be darker?....  Any advice???
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment