Monday, July 29, 2013

Mean Bean


12x16 oil on panel
 
I'm back and painting.  Took some time off getting things done to our Ohio home.
 
The owner of Ohio Art Market in Westerville, Ohio suggested I paint scenes of local spots.  Although I haven't painted many cityscapes, I need to think sales and what customers are interested in.  Still lifes are always good but here in Ohio, customers aren't in the market for boat and beach paintings that much. 
 
This scene is a coffee shop in my small town.  I wanted to do some local sites for my upcoming Delaware Arts Castle show in November.  I'll post Westerville scenes next.
 
Working on larger canvases work better for me when doing scenes as complicated as this one.  I can get in the detail writing on signs a little easier.  I'm even going to get some larger canvases and try painting BIGGER.  

No comments:

Post a Comment