Thursday, May 3, 2012

More figurative practice


Continuing to practice skin tones and figurative drawing.  Trying to be conscious also of values and light sources.  I am still working from photos.  When I get home I'm going to have my daughter pose for me. 

I'm not working long on these.  I haven't actually timed myself, but I should.  Today I'm going out to look for some neutral still life props so I can do Peggi Kroll Roberts' exercise on limited palettes. 

I'm right now dedicating myself to putting in the mileage of learning the skill and practicing, experimenting, recording to my muscle memory, whatever you could call it.  I sure would appreciate any comments.  Looking back at my progress, I know that I'm improving, but when I look at other artists work, I am in awe of what they do and set that higher goal for myself.  I don't know if it will be in this lifetime, but I'm giving it my best attempt.  Attending workshops around the country just aren't in the cards for me right now so I buy DVDs as I can.  Revisiting them every once in a while has been good for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment