Monday, April 23, 2012

Purple Adirondack



I haven't posted in a while and thought I'd start with this painting that I redid from the one posted a while ago.  I have been having a hard time getting started again so I thought I'd fix what was bothering me which was the orange chair and the background color.  Took out a house in the background and added the dock.  Feels better to me anyway.
The reason for not posting was that we had a problem at our Ohio home and I had to go back to finish things.  Our neighbor found 7 inches of  water in our basement and it had been there for 3 weeks or so.  Yes, it was BAD!  Mold grows in 72 hours.  We had quite a mess and my kids, neighbor, daughter in law parents, and professionals all kicked in and got to hauling out and cleaning soggy, moldy, stinky stuff before I got home.  I finished filling up a second dumpster.  Needless to say, I wasn't in much of a mood to paint for a while.  I'm back in FL and will return later on next month and finish up getting rid of stuff.  One word of caution:  check your home insurance and if you have a sump pump, get the extra water endorsement.  Otherwise, insurance doesn't take care of things.  It's been a hard lesson to learn, but we'll never have that problem again.... Enough of my woes..I'm still in lovely FL where it is sunny and warm and getting back to the things I love to do with painting being one of them.
It's the same cherries I did in pastel and enjoyed working on a stretched canvas.  I'm experimenting with surfaces and trying to find the most economical one as well.
8x8 oil on stretched canvas
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment