Friday, March 30, 2012

Glass buoys from Norway


 
I did this pastel on 11x14 paper in my class with Florence.  When she posed this subject to me, I knew that Florence does not dummy down any instruction to her students.  She has high expectations and much faith in our abilities, but it really is her instruction and talent for teaching.  If you look closer, you can see through these balls and see the rope behind it.  
Not only was I painting glass spheres, but transparent ones as well.  I had to be conscious of the light source and how the colors were reflected through onto the background.   I can't believe how much I learn from this class and feel so blessed to be given this opportunity to work with such a seasoned and experienced artist. 
I am amazed at myself with this piece and realize the beautiful qualities of the pastel medium.  Even though I love my oil, this medium is such fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment