Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sailing, take me away to where I'm going....

I'm getting anxious to get back to where I took the photo for this painting.  It's at the Jetty at Casey Key just south of Sarasota, Florida.  My husband and I are snowbirds!  We're leaving for Sarasota right after Christmas. 

Oftentimes when I get in a slump with my painting, I do boats and it helps get my confidence back.  I painted this same scene months ago which is below and did sell that painting, but after looking at the photos of the two paintings, there's a big difference.  I have more contrast in value and added much more detail in the recent one.  It was done on 6x6 black gessoed masonite.  The bottom was on 6x6 white gessoed masonite.  I'm liking the black underpainting.  Feedback would be appreciated...

sold

No comments:

Post a Comment