Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sailing

Thought I'd post this painting I did last year.  It's an 11 x 14 oil done with a palette knife and I love how this turned out.  As a matter of fact, I changed my blog title picture to this one. 

My reflections lately:  I've been perusing what I've done so far and stressing out on what I want to spend more time on.  I feel an urgency to figure out my style, my idea, what I want to devote more time to.  But when I think I'm there, I realize I'm not.   It's a matter of READINESS.  Gee, this sounds just like what I would tell the parents of my kindergartners/first graders when they weren't reaching expectations at the same time as everyone else.  I need to practice what I preach, practice and experiment painting, and lastly, READ the title of my blog every once in a while.  The candle is not yet lit!

No comments:

Post a Comment